Often heavy equipment is placed on soils that are not able to bear their weight, either because of uncompacted fill, water intrusion or similar issues that can affect the bearing capacity of the soils.
The solutions to this problem can encompass helical piers, hydraulic piers, or grout injection. Advantages over replacement include:
- Less down time if any at all
- Less intrusive—less noise, dust etc.
- More reliable and permanent.
- Can be done in shorter amount of time.
- Less use of natural resources including landfills.